Saturday, July 2, 2011

Totally went to a yarn store

And yes, this is news, because it's been a while, guys.  Yesterday we were dismissed from work early (what? happy birthday, America!) and I jumped on the opportunity. 

Bonus hour + can't go home yet + no baby in sight = trip to a LYS

I'm under the strictest of yarn diets--no yarn purchases with my own money in 2011--so it's been a good long time since I've been in the confines of a yarn store, and not only because I do most of my purchases online.  Knit and Stitch = Bliss was nearby and I'm in the planning stages of a new gift (which ); it was quite the winning combination.

I had my first encounters with tosh sock, Colinette Jitterbug, Malabrigo Sock, and Claudia Hand Painted Yarns. Omigoodness, you guys.  I may have to break my yarn diet.  Also: Addi Clicks in bamboo??!  Holy whoa.  Also also: I learned that there are circular needles in the world with 11 inch cables.  Ta-da!

No comments: