Saturday, July 9, 2011

Knitwear at the Movies: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

If you can't tell, we're going a bit backwards-like Benjamin-Buttony for these, because that's how they were situated in my Netflix queue.  And gulping gargoyles, you guys, I took 18 screenshots of knits in the first half alone.  HP5, y'all!*

NYAAH

Hermione's Striped Sweaters
So there's a red/pink stripe one and a gray/rainbow stripe one...  I love them both and so does Ron.
Girl, you know you look so fine in your red striped sweater...
Ron, this is serious.
The V neck and kangaroo pocket(s) in front make this look extra comfy.  The ties are a bit fiddly, but they're clearly optional, so I'm not too worried about it.
Simple yet colorful; the fit is everything with this design.

Well Played, Ginny
Ginny has to play second fiddle to Cho Chang in this movie; still, she proves herself to be a strong young woman and a powerful witch. We can start to see the Ginny-Harry connection, which isn't hurt by some nice sweaters.
 
You'd think that the color would wash her out, but it looks surprisingly good with the T-shirt underneath.
I wish I'd gotten a better shot of this T-shirt lace sweater; it has a lot of really pretty openwork detail and this photo just doesn't do it justice.
And just for fun, a pompon hat...


Neville's Zipper Cardigan
Complete with Mimbulus mimbletonia:
 
At first I just thought it had some nice heathered gray and blue striping, but the detail view shows a diamond pattern throughout.

And now, your daily Ron fix
Weasleys like to wear orange:
Yep, there he is.

Umbridge and Her Pink Stuff
I didn't want to talk about Dolores Umbridge because while I <3 actress Imelda Staunton, Umbridge makes me very uncomfortable. However, she does have some knits in this movie, so...  I'm make it quick.
 
So creepy.  Moving on!

Luna Lovegood's Awesome Knit Wardrobe
This girl, I tell you. Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch) is a bit different, by which I mean: she has fantastic taste in knits.
Cornflower blue, open weave, eyelet short sleeves, covered buttons: so pretty.  And since blue goes perfectly with her eyes...
The hat and the scarf are just the right fit for this scene; they're understated enough to blend in with the crowd of other knits without being boring.
Ohmigoodness this sweater needs to be on my body like yesterday.  SERIOUSLY.  Texture shot!
The girl can rock a shawl collar (hooded??) cardigan.  And it's teal........

Hey, speaking of other knits...
everyone else's outdoor knits
 
 
I hope you've taken notice of the sheer volume of knits in this movie.  But here's the thing: Harry is a knit slacker.  Check out these group shots:
 

Disappointing, Boy Who Lived.  Mrs. Weasley even tries a subtle hint for his Christmas present:
Not gonna happen, Molly.


Come back tomorrow morning for HP5 Pattern Round-up!

___
* Sorry, I've been watching too much A Very Potter Musical -- it's Cho Chang, y'all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Any chance you created a pattern for Hermiones kangaroo pocket sweater?

Angie Nash said...

I'm looking for the Luna Lovegood, teal, cowel collared sweater, knitting pattern. Can you help?

Madison Z said...

I am really looking where to find those red and orange and gray sweaters the weasley twins wear. Can you help me out?

Unknown said...

Hello! Does anyone know where I can find the pattern for the twins' sweaters?