It is Day 7 of KniCroBlo Week and I cannot continue this post without noting the following:
- All thanks goes to the incomparable Eskimimi for organizing this fantastic intarwebz event!! I have loved reading the blogs of so many talented crafters, many I would never have found otherwise. I've even come out of my usual lurking-shyly mood and posted some comments along the way. Good times were had by all!
- I have never posted seven days in a row (I've never posted three days in a row!). Therefore, I am le tired* and will be taking at least two days break to, you know, actually knit something before I post again.
In the photo above, you see the view from my usual knitting perch, my computer chair in the office attached to the kitchen. Eagle-eyed readers will notice, in no particular order:
- television tuned to "What Not to Wear"
- remote that doesn't work AND has no batteries
- mentho-lyptus cough drop wrappers
- colorful plastic links for making distract-the-baby chains
- World of Warcraft game manual, age six, newly obsolete
- emergency sewing kit that belongs in my purse
- camera battery charger (camera in-hand)
- pile of random papers that don't relate to each other
- gigantic flat-screen monitor; Firefox! Ravelry!
- plastic lattice baby cage for Ms. Punkin Q. Pie
- vinyl devil horns and tail from Halloween
- 36 skeins of embroidery floss, apropos of nothing
- folded baby pajamas that no longer fit their owner
- San Diego Zoo baby panda mouse pad
- piled up boxes, still unpacked from our move
- alarm clock with a late PM hour
- stitch markers, green and purple
- crochet hook for fixing mistakes (ahem.)
- cable charts for the Citron Cardigan
- WIP: Starstuff Mitts (pics here and here)
- US 6 dpns that haven't made their way upstairs to the organizational system
- plastic straight ruler for ruling with an iron fist/plastic straightedge
_____* points to anyone who can correctly identify the origin of "le tired."