Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FO: Sensational Carnation

One of my very dearest friends had a Great Big Birthday recently.  When I say "Great Big Birthday," I mean one of them thar ones that end in zero.  And when I say "one of my very dearest friends," I mean I've known this woman for over 25 years and not only was she my confirmation sponsor, she also produced almost of all my wedding reception decorations. 

Just wanted to be sure you get my meaning on this.  So!  Shawl!
EZ 100th Anniversary Hearts Half-Circle [Rav link] by Mwaa Knit
knit with 3.5 skeins of Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer 
in colorway Carnation (discontinued)

I don't normally work with pankity pank as such, but this part shade of that particular color looks absolutely mahvelous with her skin, so it happened.

All told, there were over 600 stitches to bind off.  Recognize.

I haven't figured out how to adjust the white balance using my new-ish photo editing software, so half of these photos are too yellow and half of them are too washed out.  I'll work on that, promise.

At the time this was the largest project I had blocked (quickly surpassed, but that's another post):
this one is my favorite


PLUS this shawl was featured on the Harry Potter Knit & Crochet House Cup blog!  A project full of YAY -- can't wait for my next half-circle!

No comments: