Friday, January 17, 2014

FOs: Tidbits for a Hipster Baby

I have a hipster friend.  She is very sweet.  She will be having a baby soon.  So I've decided to help her make her baby look as much like a tiny elf as possible.

MITTS!
Newborn Norwegian Sweet Mitts [Rav] by Jennifer Hoel; knit with 35yds of Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway 202 Taffy
These are so cute I just can't stand it.  Keep warm, hipster bebe!

HAT!
Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap / Djevellue [Rav] by Gro; knit with 40yds Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway 202 Taffy, 20yds Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock in colorway Dragonberry, and 20yds Cascade Heritage Silk in colorway 5619 Christmas Red
MODS: adjusted for newborn sizing + extra pointy-headedness

Also: this baby gets a sweater some time next month... but not yet.
Also also: my January heart knitting has been very straightforward, but February's is going to be interesting and pretty, due to ahead-of-time stash scouting, yarn-weighing, and special calendar placement.
Also also also: I have another design idea percolating in my brain...

No comments: