Friday, March 21, 2014

FO Friday: Mossy Annis

Quick, under the wire, it's still Friday!

A Mossy Glen by John Atkinson Grimshaw, 1864, public domain
Annis [Rav] by Susanna IC; knit with less than half a skein of madelinetosh tosh lace in colorway Filigree
MODS: I used size 8/0 “rainbow green” seed beads instead of nupps + above every row 5 S2KP, plus some short row mods

This is my second Annis (first blogged here), knit because I needed an emergency herbology-themed shawl for a medium-term project for imaginary points.  If you didn't get it the first time, don't bother re-reading, it's perfectly fine to think that sentence is insane.

Also it's really pretty.  And it makes my apartment smell mossay (points to anyone who can get that movie reference!).

2 comments:

Leah said...

That is gorgeous!

Nisse said...

It's beautiful! What I love about this shawl is that it is very true to it's inspiration, the mossy glen painting.

The yarn is very pretty, it's a shame MadelineTosh is hard to get a hand on where I live.