Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bittersweet Shawl Starts

I was so excited to find an awesome yarn (Cascade Heritage Silk Paints in Vino, YAY love it) to make this shawl I've been wanting to make forevah (the gorgeous Haruni [Rav], by Emily Ross)!!!  So thirty minutes after I finally got the needles I needed (32" size US4 addi Turbo Lace), I cast on:
...it so didn't work.  :(  The color changes interfered with the pattern and everything got muddled together.  It's a little hard to see in the above photo, but I gave it 30 rows before frogging.  Sigh.

So this is happening instead:

Not as fancy and fun--  HOWEVER, it definitely shows off the yarn to its full advantage without being super boring to knit.  I'm going to keep this one.  And I'm going to keep my future Haruni, whenever it happens.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Haruni has been on my queue for ages too. It's really lovely. The new shawl looks good too though and it is probably better suited to the yarn. Painted yarn is lovely but it does tend to blur nice lace patterns a bit.