I was so excited to find an awesome yarn (Cascade Heritage Silk Paints in Vino, YAY love it) to make this shawl I've been wanting to make forevah (the gorgeous Haruni [Rav], by Emily Ross)!!! So thirty minutes after I finally got the needles I needed (32" size US4 addi Turbo Lace), I cast on:
...it so didn't work. :( The color changes interfered with the pattern and everything got muddled together. It's a little hard to see in the above photo, but I gave it 30 rows before frogging. Sigh.
Not as fancy and fun-- HOWEVER, it definitely shows off the yarn to its full advantage without being super boring to knit. I'm going to keep this one. And I'm going to keep my future Haruni, whenever it happens.