Monday, January 2, 2012

FO: Variegartered

My final project of 2011 was completed at 8:30pm on New Years Eve...

Pimpelliese [Rav link] by Christine Ebers; knit in Lion Brand Sock-Ease, colorway 202 Taffy

I love the way these colors work together.  Teal is my fave and I like the way it looks with the dark mustard; the taupe-y color softens the contract between them nicely.


My blocking messed with the selvedge a bit.  I used a couple of blocking wires and was less than careful about it: the upshot is, the raised bumps look a bit like eyelets now.
 

The knitting on this was simple and enjoyable.  The photography on the project, however, was less than desirable.  That is, my photography skills leave a lot to be desired.  I mean, look at all the weird backgrounds and messy lighting.  I may have to set up a makeshift "studio" in my guest room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love it.