Thursday, October 20, 2011

FO: Lattice Shrug

Sometimes when it's nice out and there's the looming possibility that snow could fall tomorrow, you need to take a walk.  I was lucky enough to take one with a stylish baby.
The pattern is Lacy Little Shrug [Rav link] by Eileen Casey.  The stitch pattern itself is easy enough to memorize, but there are errors.  We're not talking I prefer my decreases to be mirrored errors, I'm talking increase up to 27 stitches even though the Star Mesh Rib stitch pattern needs a stitch count of 4+1 to work out evenly errors.  It's a free pattern, though, so I'm not going to grumble about it too much. 

If my years of knitting have taught me nothing else, they've taught me to read my work.  The very instant I spot an inconsistency, I freeze and figure it out.  That didn't used to happen. 

This used a third of a skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in 138 Cranberry.  There is a... collection of Wool-Ease that hangs out near the rest of my stash.  But it is not stash.  It remains stash-adjacent for a very practical reason: I've used some of it -- not all of it -- how much is left? -- I dunno!  If I can't count it, it doesn't count.

It's neither as soft, nor as fancy as her Little Lace bit o' fluff, but I learned from my mistakes and did not seam the armholes as tightly.  Punkin will not be tamed, not by me, not by any piece of clothing!

I am among the millions of Americans who wear purple on Spirit Day to show support for LGBT youth and to speak out against bullying. 
Go purple: learn more at www.glaad.org/spiritday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shrug is so cute! It looks lovely on.