Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Little Miffed

So I was juuuuust gearing up for a visit to a LYS I've had my online eye on: mapping out the driving route, noting the hours of operation on the website to making sure it's open today, planning out Punkin's nap time accordingly, doing some last minute Ravelry queue yardage checks... when I notice there's a Ravelry group for said LYS—and they've closed the store as of July 23, 2011.

Wait, WHAT?!  You're kidding me, right?  Noooooo.

< rant rant-type="first-world-problems">
You close your store and you don't even update your website with that rather crucial information?  What, am I supposed to show up, eyes full of hope, baby in tow, to see a handwritten sign on the door?  I was supposed to go to Sit-and-Stitch on Thursday nights and make some knitting friends who could give me their opinions!  My husband, while wonderful, really super fantastically does not care about 100% merino vs. merino/silk blend decision-making; that was your job, now-only-figments-of-my-imagination fiber friends!  And hey, store owners: I was going to give you so much money in 2012!  All this stashbusting is emotionally fatiguing and I'm going to be thisclose to throwing cash at the nearest sport weight wool, regardless of price or suitability!  What am I supposed to spend money on now?  Diapers and paying off my crippling debt??!  I'M OUTIE 5000!!

< /rant>

Oh wait, the Internet says there may be another yarn shop in town.  Huh.  Looks like I'm going to do some sleuthing on Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they packed up and didn't turn off the web site! Glad you didn't make a special trip. I hope you found some place new to spend you spare cash.