Thursday, May 9, 2013

FO: Shawls #4 and #5

April and May -- check!

 
Melon Sorbet [Rav] by Halbe Prinzessin; knit with various amounts of Knit Picks Comfy Worsted (colorways Carrot, Peapod, Fairy Tale, Marlin, Rosehip, Marina, and Lilac)

This pattern was easy in the best possible way -- very necessary!  It was perfect for the "break month" I took and I almost wish it had taken longer, because it was thoroughly enjoyable.  The pattern as written is for three specific colors, but it's great for using up extras (this one was knit with leftovers) (obvious'd), and the wrong sides of the garter ridges work well for weaving in color-change ends.

 
Fall of Leaves [Rav] by Stephanie Hogendoorn; knit with less than one skein of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in colorway 1207 Salt and Pepper

I wish I could remember how it was to knit this... it's all a blur, really.  What you see before you was almost entirely knit on May 4th, from 9am to 2:30am May 5.  From what I can glean, I liked it a lot and was fairly intrigued with the asymmetricality of the repeats...
however, it is alpaca AND I had to bind off early (66%!) because I didn't have as much yarn as I thought I did AND I lost the shawl duel.  So I'm not dancing in the streets with joy or anything.

Upshot is: it will be so much fun to knit this again with a different yarn at a leisurely pace!

AND NOW just for funsies: I took photos during the duel itself...
 
 
lunch break: 1 row of progress, so many life rows of progress!

six separate tries on this row -- took for.ev.ah
it's all looking the same now...
in the car!
no more natural light! no more pics!

1 comment:

bekswhoknits said...

a shawl duel sounds terrifying but exciting.