Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beginning, Middle, and End

Beginning!
As teased on Monday, I've started a half-pi shawl with the yarn I purchased at Maryland Sheep & Wool:

i love this yarn so much i dont even want to capitalize or punctuate

It's a little out of my comfort zone to mix color changes with lacework like this, but I've been assured by several trusted advisors that I'm on the right track.

Middle!
The Evenstar has reached the halfway mark...
actually 53.52%, Row 33 of Chart 3, with 616 stitches per row and 44,828 total stitches completed:

At this stage, I'm thankful for:
  • two full months left in which to do all the beading (3000!)
  • all five seasons of The Wire on DVD, on loan from a friend

End!
I made a felted fedora-esque fascinator -- fantastic!
International Cat Hat: Turkey [Rav] by Stacy Mar; knit with 60 yds of Knit Picks Gloss Fingering, held double, in colorway Winter Night and approx 20yds of Noro Silk Garden in colorway 08 Royal

This is my first felting since 2009 (when all my experiments went horribly, horribly wrong) and I really like the way it turned out.

 
Knit Bow Ring [Rav] by Meredith Crawford;
knit with 2yds of Cascade Pacific in colorway 509
 
 

It's slightly Doctor Who-inspired and I’m in love with the TARDIS blue and the timey-wimey stripes; the stitch definition hand-felted out perfectly, but it was not entirely smooth sailing. My original intention was to make a fez (because fezzes are cool), but rather than cry in my fishsticks-and-custard about my inability to shrink it enough, I changed course with reshaping and stuck a bowtie on the front (because bowties are cool).

Up next... steek?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shawls look great but that fascinator is DARLING. So twee and adorable!