- Old Bay Seasoning: a Maryland original, I thought it would be useful for another coastal dweller
- Red Zinger Herbal Tea from Celestial Seasonings: yummy, lots of health benefits, and not available in Canada!
- brown beret -- see below!
- Dancing Leaf Farms merino sock yarn: it's local and it's amazing
- the roses are the same ones I mentioned that other time
Christmas Rose Hat [Rav] by Linda Irving-Bell; knit with a skein+ of Lion Brand Lion Wool Solids in colorway CocoaThis had a dual purpose of providing her with a hat and getting an allergy trigger out of my stash. I dubbed this hat the "Crown of Roses" to tie it in with the board game of the same name; unbeknownst to me, my swap partner is a specialist in Tudor history! My photos really wash out the true color, which is actually a super pretty rich brown (like in the swap photo).
After I shipped my package out, I allowed myself to opened the package I received. The beauty of a secret swap is the different identities of spoiler and spoilee: I had no clue who was sending me stuff...
|mitts are The Boyfriend Gloves [Rav] by Zabet Kempfert|
Swaps are awesome. Yay. :)
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~
p.s. by request from readers, I'm going to be restarting the Knitwear at the Movies feature! I got a little burnt out for a while there, but it's time to come back soon, I think -- stay tuned!
p.p.s. I want to feature some TV knits (KniTV, in a similar manner to KATM), but I'm having a hard time structuring the possible posts (by season? by episode? by character?), so if anybody has suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them -- kthxby!