Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FO: Urban Druid

To those who think Wednesdays are for Works in Progress only, I say to you: pishposh!  Pishposh, I say! On to the parade of FOs!

Lavalette [Rav] by Kirsten Kapur; knit with 2 100g skeins of Classic Elite Provence in colorway 2613 Black
MODS: DK weight yarn, went up one needle size, removed final stockinette section’s repeats 8-10 to avoid running out of yarn


It seems like everyone was knitting along with at least one group this summer and I'm nothing if not a joiner (hey, can I be a part of your club? sure, I'll do your homework for you! love me!).  This was a Through the Loops Summer Shawl KAL project and Kirsten Kapur has some awesome designs from which to choose... but I jumped in with zero planning, totally on a whim, hence the only free! shawl option.

I cast on with some DK-weight black cotton -- because that's what I had -- and then, THEN, the New York Times's superawesome Bill Cunningham did a fashion vlog about flowing, lacy black garments for summertime!  He called it "Urban Druid" and I heart that.

Black yarn is impossible to photograph; forgive me.

After taking it out for a day “in the wild,” I can say with all certainty that this is the perfect shawl for me: goes with everything, keeps me just the right temperature, and drapes with exactly the right coverage with zero tugging, fussing, or slipping.


No comments: