Friday, December 26, 2014

FO: to L, from Mom

Now that the gigantimous secret project has been received by its owner, I can share with all of you!  Such is the nature of presents, Christmas or otherwise...

Last year I received a yarn mega-inheritance from the estate of Alice, a wonderful lady who is much missed.  This overwhelming gift had one natural conclusion: a very large one-of-a-kind blanket for Alice’s daughter, my amazing aunt.


Almost 3500 yards used!  The final dimensions are 55" x 73"-- each square is 17"x17" with a half inch border in green -- and all the color combinations are meaningful to my aunt for one reason or another.

Pic spam!!
 
 
A properly turned corner, finally!


There was so much yarn, you guys:
a veritable mountain

I wonder if there's enough left for more blankets...

No comments: