Look back on last year's Day Seven post / look forward again to one year from now.
Too many balls in the air kept me from posting yesterday -- but this one writes itself: I have officially completed 2.5 of the 3 goals I had for myself last year at this time!
WAYBACK MACHINE SAYS:
* Finish 12 Shawls in 2013, and be on track for a similar feat in 2014... DONE!
here, and I'm at 50% shawl progress while at 37.5% year progress... I wish Present Me could tell Past Me that there are definitely practical applications for math in my adult life.
* overcome my fear and steek something... DONE!
I steeked a thing! It was horrible! I'm never doing that again unless someone pays me! With alcohol, if possible!
* Track down all of the knitting needles I supposedly have in my house and come up with an adequate organizational system...
um, IN PROGRESS!
And on that note, my goals for the next year are as follows:
* finish up what I started with #projectneedles, complete with whiteboard! No barcodes, though, too sexy.
* publish my first original shawl pattern. #TNOFTW
It's about time. Actually, it's about space. And Hawaiian mythology. You'll see.
* begin to teach my kid to knit. That's a good idea, right? #childsplay
* finish 12 Shawls in 2014, and be on track for a similar feat in 2015.
* * * * *
I want to thank the incomparable Eskimimi for organizing this fantastic intarwebz event yet again!! Finding new crafter-writers to follow is always a highlight of my year. Good times were had by all!
And thank you to everyone who stopped by, first-timers and familiar friends, especially those who have left comments for me this week -- it means the world to me -- and thank you, as always, to my family for sticking with me offline. :)
To read other posts from those taking part in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, simply perform a Google search for the tag 5KCBWDAY7, or click here.